Last updated: April 9, 2018
Zoomph sources all social media data directly from the official API’s offered by our social media platform partners (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google+). Zoomph also collects data from non-social media sources such as RSS and Salesforce Chatter (collected only on behalf of a client request).
We do NOT scrape any data from any social media platform.
We do NOT use any third-party apps to collect social media data.
Zoomph also uses publicly available data such as Census and SSA data to run analysis and insights, and for statistical models for predictions.
Zoomph uses the data we collect to offer the following data services to our clients:
- Audience Data
- Social Activity Data (Feeds)
- Social Campaigns
- Matching and Enrichment
This data here is derived from social media posts, comments and relationships that are publicly available (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook only)
- For Facebook, social comments are collected from the official pages/accounts of brands/celebrities/influencers. Data is NOT collected from any other personal Facebook page/account even if they are publicly available. On February 6th, 2018, Facebook changed their data policy and Zoomph no longer collects comments from publicly available Facebook pages (different than policy for Social Activity).
- For Instagram, social comments are collected from public Instagram profiles. Data is NOT collected from any private profile.
- Twitter’s platform is an “open platform,” meaning Tweets and other activity posted on Twitter are generally publicly available. Zoomph does NOT collect any private data – Twitter DMs or activity from private accounts.
- Zoomph uses other data sources, including U.S. Census data, to enrich social data sets. In short, Zoomph’s database leverages public data, and uses algorithms and AI to provide rich insights about audiences.
- All Audience data resides in Zoomph. Zoomph provides aggregate data on Audience data to our clients. Zoomph ONLY provides granular data if explicit consent is provided for the profile in question
Social Activity Data
This data represents social media data collection requested by a specific Zoomph client:
- For Facebook, social posts and comments are collected from an official fan page(s) requested by the client. Data is NOT collected from any personal Facebook account. On February 6th, 2018, Facebook changed their data policy and Zoomph now only collects anonymized comments from publicly available Facebook pages unless authenticated by a social account administrator, in which case social comments will be pulled in normally.
- For Instagram, social posts and comments are collected from “open” (i.e. public) accounts based on a query requested by the client. Zoomph does NOT collect any private data (DMs or private accounts).
- For Twitter, tweets, retweets and replies are collected from public accounts based on a query requested by the client. Zoomph does NOT collect any private data (DMs or private accounts).
- For YouTube, Zoomph collects activity on public videos and comments associated with the videos based on a query requested by the client. Zoomph does NOT collect any private data.
- For Google+, Zoomph collects public activity based on a query requested by the client. Zoomph does NOT collect any private data.
This service allows our clients (Campaign Owners) can use opt-in forms to collect information from their users (Campaign Participants):
- Zoomph forms are flexible whereby clients can choose what first-party data to collect, which may include first name, last name, zip code, and email address.
- Zoomph’s forms also includes social OAuth capabilities to simplify Campaign Participants entry details. The Campaign Owner can choose which social OAuth to use within their form. Zoomph collects first name, last name and email address via Social OAuth on behalf of the Campaign Owner.
- Zoomph does NOT collect any other private information on the Campaign Participant’s such as list of friends, or other private details about the Campaign Participant.
- All Campaign Data collected from a Zoomph form is cross-referenced against Zoomph’s Audience Database to provide Campaign Owners with aggregated audience insights.
- All Campaign Data collected is owned by the Campaign Owner, and is anonymized when used by Zoomph to improve Zoomph’s data quality.
Matching & Enrichment
Zoomph offers Customer Contact Record matching and enrichment services via batch processing and APIs.
We require our clients to confirm that they have EXPLICIT CONSENT from their Customer Contact Records to undertake matching and enrichment.
Zoomph Does NOT
- Zoomph does NOT scrape data from social media platforms. All data we pull is via official APIs
- Zoomph does NOT pull data posted from private accounts or private messages
- Zoomph does NOT use any third-party apps to collect any social media data. All data collected is via approved use of official APIs
- Zoomph does NOT use social oAuth to pull private data such as Facebook friends and Facebook private activity