How to Effectively Market to MillennialsAugust 01, 2013
Did you know 91% of Millennials would purchase a product recommended by their friends, and that 98% of Millennials are more likely to interact with a friend’s post than brand? Millennials are a friend driven generation and go off of word of mouth more than anything.
Now knowing this, are your marketing campaigns effectively targeting Millennials? The intern team sat in on ‘Marketing to Millennials’ a webinar collaboration by our friends at Shoutlet and SocialChorus which shared great industry tips and on what it takes to market to each millennial.
Naturally, the best way to get Millennial’s attention is market directly to them. Millennials, a term that describes the generation of people born from 1980 to 2000, tend to be the most difficult to tend to. The olden days of marketing tactics are over, and with that comes the needed ability to change and adapt to new era’s which are not only our future customer’s but our future colleagues as well. So let’s take a look at some key statistics you should keep your eye on!
- Millennials respond well to campaigns that promote self-involvement and they don’t fall for forced advertisement on the Internet
- 80% of Millennials have purchased a product after an online interaction
- They enjoy campaigns that allow them to share their stories, in fun, easy ways, especially if it involves mobile devices
- Hashtags and games involving brand works exceptionally well
- Millennials want the long-term relationships, show them love, and they will love you back
- Millennials trust bloggers, more than they trust athletes, celebrity endorsements have very little impact
- Timing is huge (think Back-To-School campaigns)
- Technology is critical
- They are constantly connected to peers make campaigns social
- Don’t sugarcoat, keep it authentic
- Millennial have high expectations, and you must use the right medium to connect
Millennials are Internet driven, they have grown up in the information age and have seen the beginning and the booming development of the Internet as we know it. Knowing your audience is critical to making an effective marketing campaign.
Learn about how Zoomph can help you understand your brand better, with Zoomph Analytics.