Employee Spotlight: Zara “Zee” MachatineMarch 31, 2016
Though she may live several hundred miles away from the Zoomph nest, many of us would agree that Zara is the “mother hen” of our office. She’s the glue knitting our two branches together, and the source of many good laughs, memories, and proud moments here at Zoomph. Not only does she bring her passion to our company, but she also brings her wide breadth of skills — including her ability to somehow add extra swagger to our swag (we’re convinced that no one wears Zoomph tees better than Zee).
1. Before working at Zoomph, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I was raised by two SEVERE hippies, so any job as a kid was interesting to say the least. For example, teaching stilting lessons, making hand puppet stages, fixing the 3-wheeled bicycles for parades (yes, an adult 3-wheeled bicycle — those were NO kiddie tricycles). However, I would have to say, the most unusual job I’ve had was as a CSA at Morgan Stanley for 3 years. Who knew I enjoyed a skirt suit so much? Lol.
2. Three words to describe Zoomph team:
Pioneering, Exciting, #HustleSquad
3. Your best and worst social media habits:
Since my daughter recently joined Twitter as @LilZoompher, I have shamelessly become THAT MOM and have loved helping her post #DancingGangsta videos. Personally, I am a muted social media user, updating friends and family on latest adventures in the life of Zee and LilZee.
— Zara Machatine (@ZaraTweeting) January 29, 2016
4. What would people never guess that you do in your role?
Challenge my colleagues to a daily battle of our best “Mainer” accents. I am currently second runner up to Quinton Porter, but I’ll top him one day. I also keep our one remaining office plant alive.
5. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
“How To Do Everything…at Once.”
6. What is your personal philosophy?
“La Dee Da Dee, we like to party. Don’t make me get money, and platinum-ize my body”
7. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day, or what would you like to be famous for?
If I could be my daughter for one day, that would be awesome. Or Barack Obama…’nuff said. I would like to be famous for giving the BEST hugs ever, like in the Guinness Book of World Records.
8. What emoji describes you best?
Alien Face. Mostly because I still haven’t figured out WHAT IT MEANS.
9. What’s your most overused word, phrase, hashtag and/or social media channel?
“AWESOME!” (with the exclamation point). Hands down. I have to reign that one in. SMH. I also have to say that I LOVE Instagram.
10. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in the last five years?
Be your amazing self.
11. Top 3 things left on your bucket list?
- Skydive out of a plane on a plastic blow-up Dolphin
- Actually RUN a 5k (lightly jogging through a Color Run didn’t count)
- Sell one of my paintings to a full-blown stranger
12. You’re happiest when…
It’s time for the Friday night dance party with my daughter and friends.
13. What is your most treasured possession?
Hard one. Probably this gorgeous white pine cutting board that my dad made 3 of, for me and my two siblings. He chopped down the tree and carved the 3 boards for us as Christmas gifts years ago. It connects us all. Runner up: my ridiculous high heel collection of 50+ pairs.
14. Top 3 Highlights of your life:
- Becoming a mom, OBV
- Learning how to correctly spell and use the term “Granular Data”
- Joining the Zoomph Family
15. What is your proudest moment at Zoomph?
Being a part of this incredibly intelligent and driven team every day is super rewarding. However, if I had to choose one moment, I’d say when I recently brought our client success and retention rate up to 95%. #Hashtags & #Highfives
16. What is your favorite Zoomph feature and why?
I like making things pretty–that’s the artist in me speaking. I love the unique and dynamic Zoomph visuals that bring fun and engagement to any event or digital property. I LOVE the CSS edits that we offer to our Premium clients, you can really customize the visuals to make them your own.