Employee Spotlight: Leo HerreraJuly 25, 2016
Those who know Leo understand three things: (1) he currently has green hair, (2) his doodles are worth framing, and (3) his sarcasm game is strong. Leo has quickly become a core member of our graphic design team whose design and web work keep our platform looking sharp, and our clients very happy. Though he’d never admit it himself, Leo is a man of many talents. He’s our “walking encyclopedia” who knows the answers to all our technological questions, including how QR codes work and the inner-workings of mini Chinese cell phones. He also makes a mean frappuccino.
1. Before working at Zoomph, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Canvassing on the streets of Toronto.
2. Three words to describe our platform:
Aggregation, visualization, growth
3. What are your best and worst social media habits?
My worst habit of using social media is creating all these accounts, and neglecting them for months at a time when I lose interest. That could probably also be seen as a “best” habit, probably not to the benefit of social media itself.
4. What would people never guess that you do in your role?
People would never guess that I design anything. People can be cruel like that.
5. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
“Things You Shouldn’t Do but Have Done Anyway: A Guide to Lazy Self-Help Book Writing”
6. What is your personal philosophy?
To be the very best, like no one ever was.
7. What would you like to be famous for?
I’d like to be viral for being a terrible graphic designer. That is my dream.
8. What emoji describes you best?
What’s an emoji? Lol, jk. The emoji that describes me best is the emoji that describes me least. So with that in mind, the emoji that describes me best is on one of the very last pages of the emoji menu — a blue square with the words, “OK.”
9. What is your preferred social media channel and why?
I prefer Twitter above most other outlets, particularly because it’s one of the easiest ones to utilize with the largest audience reach. That, and I’ve been on there for a pretty long time, so I gotta stay loyal.
10. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in the last five years?
The statute of limitations for (small) debt in the state of Virginia is 3 years.
11. Top 3 things left on your bucket list?
- Buy a bucket (because who does that for no reason, really)
- Make a depressing list of things to do before one inevitably perishes from this earth
- And start living like everyday was my last because that’s in no way cynical — no but really, one cannot cross things off a list which does not exist. I got 99 problems, but a list ain’t one of ’em.
12. You’re happiest when…
I’m eating, which I’m sure is an early sign of a serious problem.
— ✖ (@Ltrademark) June 25, 2016
13. What is your most treasured possession?
My passport(s) because without them, do I even really exist?
14. Top 3 Highlights of your life:
- Got to live in a highrise a few times in my existence.
- I used to know 6 languages at once before I forgot them all.
- Still somehow being alive, after all the mistakes I’ve made
15. What is your proudest moment at Zoomph?
When I saw something I made/worked on being used by someone else.
16. What is your favorite Zoomph feature and why?
My favorite Zoomph feature would probably be the visuals that you can create from your Zoomph feeds. Mostly because I’m usually tasked with making and designing them.
Zoomph Photo Stream
Click here to learn more about Zoomph visuals.
BONUS FACT: If you’re ever Snapchatting in Reston, check out Leo’s custom geofilter.