Employee Spotlight: Lee KohnMarch 17, 2016
Lee, one of the founding fathers of Zoomph, has been a reliable source of knowledge, leadership, and calm on our team. He’s the mastermind behind many of our platform’s amazing capabilities, and helps orchestrate the chaos that often diminishes a startup. Lee works tirelessly to keep our engines running, providing the fuel that our team needs through his support and ridiculously awesome programming skills that makes us all believe in the magic of technology. (FYI Lee is not only a leader of the pack in the office but at happy hour, too )
1. Before working at Zoomph, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked at GNC in high school, met a lot of interesting people.
2. Three words to describe the Zoomph culture:
Fast, passionate, committed
3. Current social media trend that you adore:
I have to (guiltily) admit I get a kick out of memes.
4. What would people never guess that you do in your role?
Office supply runs (mostly coffee)
5. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
How to not sweat the small stuff
6. What is your personal philosophy?
Be happy, whatever that means
7. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
A rock star would be a lot of fun
8. What emoji describes you best? 🍻
9. What’s your most overused word, phrase, or hashtag?
I say YOLO a lot. It’s supposed to be ironic. It’s getting a bit out of hand.
10. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in the last five years?
How to manage the overwhelming complexity of software systems
11. Top 3 things left on your bucket list?
- Drive a race car
- Own an AC cobra replica w/ 427 engine (pictured below)
- Travel to somewhere in the orient
12. You’re happiest when…
I’m hanging out with friends, forgetting about all the other things going on in life.
13. What is your most treasured possession?
My Marshal half stack tube guitar amp
14. Top 3 Highlights of your life:
- Competing in BatteBots 3 times
- Buying my first car
15. What is your proudest moment at Zoomph?
Seeing the team go from 3 people to 10 to 20+
16. What is your favorite Zoomph feature and why?
I really like the geo-analytics UI. It’s a nice combination of a fun UI to use with some serious technical challenges.