Employee Spotlight: Katherine BouffordMarch 04, 2016
Since the very beginning, Katherine has been the songbird of our office — not only because of her occasional singing, but also because of her vibrant and spirited personality. Katherine begins and ends each day with a bright attitude; in between her busy schedule and countless deminars, she still somehow manages to spread office cheer. We’d like to thank Katherine for her dedication, her talent, and the soundtrack (her voice) that she brings to the office every day.
1. Before working at Zoomph, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
My most interesting job before Zoomph: marketing intern at Taringa! The most exciting part wasn’t diving into social media as a community manager, but doing so in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I learned a lot of lessons trying to share content for Taringa!, the largest Latin-American social network. While it was difficult posting in my second language, it was an amazing experience.
2. Three words to describe our Zoomph platform:
Next-level social listening (I cheated a little 🙂 )
3. Current social media trend that you adore:
Twitter Chats! They allow you to meet so many amazing people in your field in just an hour.
— Katherine Boufford (@kbouffd) February 29, 2016
4. What would people never guess that you do in your role?
Lead the office campaign for universally acceptable thermostat settings
5. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
Probably a college survival guide
6. What is your personal philosophy?
Try to fill your life with a little bit of everything that makes you happy
7. If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
Emma Watson, and not just because I’m a Harry Potter fan. I would love to live a day spent in part on set, and in part presenting to the UN.
8. What emoji describes you best?
The salsa dancer emoji. I aspire to her spunk.
9. What is your preferred social media channel and why?
Personally, I love Facebook for staying in touch with groups of friends. BUT, recently Twitter has captured my heart. I love how you can connect with just about anybody.
10. What’s your most overused word, phrase, or hashtag?
11. Top things left on your bucket list?
Live a full year abroad, and attend a Playlist Live to meet my favorite YouTubers!
12. You’re happiest when…
I’m harmonizing to my iPod at the top of my lungs.
13. What is your most treasured possession?
My cello! I’ve been playing for 14 years, and my cello has been with me for the past 10.
3 4 Highlights of your life:
- Graduating Suma cum laude from George Mason University
- Founding my women’s college ultimate Frisbee team and growing us from 9 girls to 30 women
- Interning abroad in Buenos Aires
- Recording two tracks with my new band
15. What is your proudest moment at Zoomph?
I wrote a blog about Justin Bieber in his underwear that got a ridiculous amount of likes and shares on Twitter.
16. What is your favorite Zoomph feature and why?
My favorite Zoomph feature is the word cloud. I know it’s just a small box, but it identifies what themes are important in a conversation, and so it clearly gives a picture of who is involved. Here is a screenshot I took of the bio cloud for our U.S. election.