Employee Spotlight: Gabby YocumJanuary 21, 2016
Gabby Yocum, our social media queen, always knows what’s up with the latest on Twitter, Instagram, and everything in between. She has the “golden touch” — or the wit, charm, and skill to spin mediocre #SoMe content into something pretty spectacular. Having been with our team for just over 7 months, Gabby has already impressed us with her social media prowess and, in between the many Twitter Chats and “What’s New Wednesdays,” has found the time to win us over with her big heart.
1. Before working at Zoomph, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Over each summer while I was still in college, I worked at a motorcycle dealership as a receptionist and it was AWESOME! I learned how to ride a dirt bike on my lunch breaks.
2. Three words to describe Zoomph:
(Our team is) innovative, quirky and ambitious.
3.Current social media trend that you adore?
I don’t know if I would necessarily call it a trend (because I think they’re here to stay), but I’m a huge fan of Twitter Chats. They open the door to so many new people that you may not have met otherwise and are extremely resourceful with receiving expert opinions on the latest social media news/trends.
4. What would people never guess that you do in your role?
Community Manager, a.k.a. Swag Sender/Mailer 🙂
5. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
I was the president of my sorority in college. I would definitely want to write a book debunking the negative stereotypes on sororities and how being a part of one changes your life in the best way.
6.What is your personal philosophy?
Work hard so you can shop harder. 😉
7. What would you like to be famous for?
I would want to be famous for being a professional “pinner” on Pinterest.
8. What emoji describes you best?
9. What is your preferred social media channel and why?
I LOVE Snapchat. It’s evolving so rapidly and I think brands and users are starting to tap into this raw medium to tell amazing stories and push out news and content in a form that has never been done before.
10. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in the last five years?
I unfortunately had a near death experience when I was hospitalized for a stroke a year and a half ago. I would have to say the most important thing I’ve learned is to take risks and accomplish everything you want before it’s too late and you don’t have the opportunity again. Life’s too short!
11. Top 3 things left on your bucket list?
- Travel to all 50 states
- Learn how to drive stick
- Get my Master’s degree
12. You’re happiest when…
Honestly, when I’m having a bad day or just need to let loose, I drive over to the pet store and choose one puppy to play with. It’s hard to be down when you have a puppy on your lap.
13. What is your most treasured possession?
A Burt’s Bees chapstick. The only one that I haven’t lost before I finished it!
14. Top 3 highlights of your life:
- Graduating from Penn State
- Landing my first full-time job at Zoomph
- Getting engaged!
15. What is your proudest moment at Zoomph?
My proudest moment is when we had a team outing at a Redskins game and I saw a Zoomph visual in action on the jumbo-tron at FedEx Field. It gave me goosebumps! I’m so honored to work at a company that’s doing incredible things and making innovative strides towards the future of social media marketing!
16. What is your favorite Zoomph feature and why?
I’m a huge fan of Emoji Analytics. It’s important to me to understand what our community is talking about and communication doesn’t end with words 🙂