Employee Spotlight: Luke FaizalSeptember 09, 2016
There are evenings in the Zoomph office when you might get lucky enough to hear a faint guitar coming from the developers’ nook. And upon following the music, you may discover the musician to be Luke. In a way, this is illustrative of how Luke bears a medley of talents that we tend to unearth over time or by chance because of his naturally humble and unassuming personality. It is with even greater fortune that our team met Luke, and can now call him a great colleague, teammate, and friend.
1. Before working at Zoomph, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
At one point, I was selling prepaid top ups, or the codes for prepaid cellular network providers.
2. Three words to describe the Zoomph platform:
Amazing, powerful, and slick.
3. Current social media trend that you adore?
I wouldn’t say I adore this, but I’m interested in the battle between Nvidia and AMD for the graphics card market.
4. What would people never guess that you do in your role?
I develop while standing on a balancing board.
5. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
“How to Battle Your Greatest Enemy (You)”
6. What is your personal philosophy?
Make the best with what you have.
7. What would you like to be famous for?
I would like to be famous for being myself—an engineer/developer/gamer/martial artist/guitarist.
8. What emoji describes you best? ?
9. What’s your most overused word, phrase, or hashtag?
10. What is the most important thing you’ve learned in the last five years?
How to defend myself. You never know when the need arises.
11. Top 3 things left on your bucket list?
- Hike more mountains around the world
- Run a full marathon
- Master the handstand
12. You’re happiest when…
I’m with my wife.
13. What is your most treasured possession?
I know this is cheesy, but memories with my family and friends.
14. Top 3 Highlights of your life:
- Getting married
- Winning the first taekwondo competition I entered as a black belt in sparring
- Earning my first-degree black belt in taekwondo
15. What is your proudest moment at Zoomph?
Seeing Zoomph visuals that I built actually being used at huge events.
16. What is your favorite Zoomph feature and why?
As of recent, I would say our feature for scheduling and publishing social posts. You can now save and store as many posts as desired on your Zoomph account. You can also maximize “smart publishing,” a feature that helps you decide when and what to post based on your audience analytics.
Demo with us to learn more about Zoomph publishing & integrated analytics!